Baking Tips & Tricks
Enjoy favorite recipes made with a blend of stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar that is only 5 calories per 1/2 teaspoon serving. Zing™ Baking Blend bakes and browns like sugar for delicious, golden-brown cakes and cookies with fewer calories.
How do I convert a recipe that calls for sugar to Zing™ Stevia & Sugar Baking Blend?
Simple! If your recipe calls for sugar, follow the conversion information on the chart below. You may need to adjust other recipe ingredients. For best results, see our tips for better baking.
|Sugar||Zing™ Baking Blend|
|1/4 cup||=||2 tablespoons|
|1/3 cup||=||2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons|
|1/2 cup||=||1/4 cup|
|2/3 cup||=||1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons|
|1 cup||=||1/2 cup|
Tips for better baking
- Flavors that work well with this product: Chocolate, cinnamon, fresh fruits like bananas, oranges, apples, peaches and pears.
- Dried fruits like raisins, cranberries and cherries impart delicious flavor and chewy texture.
- Nuts add moisture as well as flavor and are always a great addition to recipes.
- Flavors to avoid are lemon, lime, pineapple and mint.
Tips to help add moisture in baked goods
- Increase the size of the baking pan to decrease the baking time.
- Reduce the oven temperature by 25°. Add an additional egg to the recipe.
- Instead of butter, use oil, margarine or vegetable shortening, or a combination of the three.
- Increase the liquid content of the recipe slightly (1/4 cup).
Get baking! Try our delicious recipes made with the pure sweet taste of Zing™ Baking Blend.